- This event has passed.
“Healthy Starts Here” Food, Nutrition and Fitness fair
March 29, 2019 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Join us in celebrating NATIONAL NUTRITION MONTH®
Questions?? Contact Molly Capito, Nutrition Outreach Coordinator with the SHINE Program (518) 843-2300
Date: Friday, March 29, 2019 Time: 1—4 PM
Location: The Century Club 130 Guy Park Avenue, Amsterdam
We kindly request participants consider making a contribution of 2 non-perishable “healthy” items that will be donated to Montgomery County OFA’s Cupboard of Kindness Food Pantry. This is optional.
Who can attend? Anyone interested in hands on information to better your health, through food and fitness!
Why attend? Free of charge; Local community resources in one location
Classes Held During Fair!
- 1:15—2 PM Tai Chi for Beginners with Earl and Cynthia O’Bryan
(Bring comfortable clothes and sneakers!)
- 2:15—3 PM Gentle Yoga with Jennilee Toner—Alpin Haus (Please bring a yoga mat and comfortable clothing!)
- 3:15—4 PM PiYo (a blend of Pilates & Yoga) with Erin and Callie Jennings—Tribe Fitness (Please bring a yoga mat and comfortable clothing!)
- Fulton County Office for Aging
- Montgomery County Office for Aging, Inc. and NY Connects
- HealthLink Littauer St. Mary’s Healthcare
- Fulmont Community Action Agency
- Legal Aid Society of Northeastern NY
- HFM Prevention Council
- Fulton County YMCA
- Alpin Haus
- Planet Fitness
- Tribe Fitness
- Mohawk Harvest Cooperative Market
- Grow Amsterdam, Inc. Haven of Hope Food Pantries Hannaford
- … and more!
NOTE: There will be additional services available first-come, first-serve; free snacks,
and produce for purchase!
This material was funded by the USDA’s Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). SNAP provides nutrition assistance to people with low income. It can help you buy nutritious foods for a better diet. To find out more, contact 1-800-352-8401. This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.